Summary Information for vacancy - reference RO/0611
National Savings and Investments
City of Westminster, Greater London, London
30 June 2011
No of vacancies
Field of work
NS&I is one of the largest savings and investments organisations within the UK with around £100 billion invested and a customer base of over 26 million people. With a clear strategy where customers are at the heart of their business, they are delivering major benefits for their customers working with their partners, offering customers more choice and enhanced services, aligned with their brand values of being secure, straightforward and acting with integrity.
Support the Head of Risk and the Risk Director in the development and implementation of NS&I’s risk management framework to ensure our risk and fraud risk profile is understood and managed within our risk appetite.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will include:
• Rolling out an automated risk register and tracking system
• Contributing to the development NS&I’s risk management strategy and approach
• Maintaining the risk register, including identifying and chasing overdue risk updates with the responsible Directorates
• Providing regular management information for a variety of stakeholders, including policy owners, directors and internal and external audit
• Providing guidance and advice for directors and staff on register maintenance and risk management techniques
To apply for this role you should:
? Be educated to degree level or equivalent
? Have risk and fraud management experience in a regulated financial services environment
? Have experience of implementing risk management software systems
? Have a good understanding of risk management best practice
? Have a good knowledge of the FSA approach to risk management
? Be able to oversee implementation of anti fraud processes in products and operations.
? Be able to translate and influence FSA compliance within the organisation and its partners.
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
If interested please send your CV and Cover letter (detailing how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you may post your application to Daniel Brookes, NS&I, 1 Drummond Gate, London, SW1V 2QX.