This service provides access to a comprehensive range of high quality telecoms products and services.
Telecom Networks is aimed at customers with a specific, defined, network requirement who wish to specify and procure items such as voice calls, individual circuits, specific technology or detailed bandwith or connectivity, broadband access and/or associated ISP services.
This service includes:
- Voice calls and lines – including voice call packages, voice minutes, line rental, premium rate numbers, 118 enquiries and Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Point-to-point circuits – leased and private lines for voice and data
- Infrastructure and connectivity – network infrastructure and private circuits
- Dark fibre – virtually unlimited, affordable bandwidth to own or lease, for high-speed inter-site connectivity, multi-site operation, remote file mirroring
- Connectivity to the kerb – services for copper and fibre supply to the roadside
- ISP services – for internet access and connectivity including broadband and teleworker packages, email and web access, control and security, and hosting and co-location
- Wireless data infrastructure – including licensed and unlicensed wifi, wimax, satellite broadband and mobile wireless data services
- Enhanced Government Telephony Preference Service (EGTPS) – giving preferential access for essential users in extreme congestion or emergency conditions
- Structured cabling – provision of data cabling and local area networks within buildings and campuses
- 3rd party maintenance – for telecoms infrastructure and equipment
- Network analysis and billing audit services – for commercial and technical network and usage analysis
- Networking equipment – networking and telephony equipment and components
Key benefits of using the service
- Compliant with security guidelines for Next Generation Networks (NGN) giving you extra reassurance
- Full supplier management programme
- Available right now because all the up-front time and cost of procurement has already been taken care of by Buying Solutions
- A diverse range of suppliers have been appointed, including Small to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) through to multi-nationals
Who would buy the service?
Anyone in the public sector can use this service, from the smallest school to the largest government department.
How to use the service
- You will need to be registered and logged on to the website to access all the information available
- Use the left hand menu options or the image at the bottom of the page, to view a summary of the framework agreement and a list of all the suppliers plus more information about them
Further information on the service can be found in the categories area of the website.
- Customer Guidance
- Voice Calls and Lines
- Point-to-point Circuits
- Infrastructure & Connectivity
- Dark Fibre
- Connectivity to the Kerb
- ISP Services
- Wireless Data Infrastructure
- Enhanced Government Telephony Preference Service
- Structured Cabling
- 3rd-Party Maintenance
- Network Analysis and Billing Audit Services
- Networking Equipment