The Electoral Commission
is an independent body set up by the UK Parliament. Our aim is
integrity and public confidence in the democratic process.
- register political parties
- make sure people understand and follow the rules on party and
- publish details of where parties and candidates get money from
and how they spend it
- set the standards for running elections and report on how well
this is done
- make sure people understand it is important to register to
vote, and know how to vote
Further details of how we aim to achieve the above can be found
in our corporate
plan while our functions and powers are set out in the
Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.
For further information on the work of The Electoral Commission,
visit our website.
The next scheduled elections in the UK are due to take place in May 2012. These include local government elections in Wales, Scotland and some parts of England, and the London Assembly and Mayoral elections.
Your Electoral Registration Office
To view your Electoral Registration Office details, enter your postcode above