Our communications service consists of:
- Mobile solutions – including mobile voice and data, wide area paging and messaging, and bespoke mobile solutions
- Telecom networks – for specific network needs, such as voice calls, individual circuits or broadband access
- Managed Telephony Service (MTS) – offering managed telephony, conferencing and data networking
- Government Secure intranet (GSi) – providing a secure route for electronic communications between connected GSi organisations
New communications services will be available in early 2010. Please visit the Specialist Communications for voice, video and data update for further details.
Key benefits of using the service
We make it quick, easy and convenient for our customers to procure the communication services they need, while saving them money in the process.
As we’ve completed a rigorous OJEU selection process our customers avoid the cost of this time consuming process.
- EU-compliance –complete peace of mind that you are using a fully EU-compliant service that is not open to challenge
- Fulfil urgent requirements – the OJEU procurement process takes many months, however, using our service saves on average 77 days
- Choice of services – including mobile, voice, data and convergent solutions through to fully managed network services, from a wide selection of accredited and trusted suppliers
- Best practice procurement – all suppliers are carefully evaluated to ensure that they offer the scope and quality of services required by our public service customers. Pre-agreed terms and conditions offer customers sound contractual safeguards
- Ease of ordering and convenience - use of our online catalogue ordering facility, step-by-step Capability Assessment tool (CA) and Invitation To Quote (ITQ) system makes the entire process quick and easy to follow
- No financial limits – there is no limit on quantity or value of orders
- Free service – customers are not charged for using our services
- Support – access information and advice from our experts, as required
Who would buy the service?
Anyone in the public sector can use this service, from the smallest school to the largest government department.
How to use the service
- You will need to be registered and logged on to the website to access all the information available
- Use the left hand menu options or the images at the bottom of the page, to view more detail about of the groups of services available
Further information on these services can also be found in the categories area of the website.