Welcome to the Category Information Home Page
Government Procurement Service has been tasked by Government to deliver at least £1billion worth of savings to customers year-on-year from 2010/11.
Greater customer focus lies at the heart of our plans and a category management approach to procurement provides a better level of support and expertise across the following areas:
- ICT (including IT Hardware, IT Software and Networks)
- Hardware, software, associated products, infrastructure, maintenance and management; an extensive range of telecoms products and services including mobile solutions, MTS (Managed Telecommunication Service) and GSi, the Government Secure Intranet.
- A range of energy procurement services covering gas, electricity, liquid fuels, management and conservation services. Our flexible procurement model has delivered prices that are consistently below market average in this complex, fast moving marketplace.
- Property & Office Solutions
- Estates and property management services, catering equipment, office supplies, print services, recycled and virgin paper for printing and copying, furniture and furnishing, health and hygiene, hardware and buildings and postal services.
- Professional Services
- Advisory Services provides the opportunity to buy in external expert skills, knowledge and advice to address specific issues. It embraces the areas of management consultancy and accounting services and multi-disciplinary consultancy. Resource Solutions offers a route to identify and provide staff to fulfil a particular job role and includes both temporary staff and permanent recruitment services. Legal Services enables customers to source high quality, non-contentious legal advice and assistance from a large number of service providers. Learning & Development & eLearning Solutions provides training solutions across a wide range of competencies. Resource Solutions - Health provides a wide range of clinical staffing disciplines through Nursing, AHP/HSS, Medical Locums and both temporary and fixed term non-clinical staff through Commercial Resources and Non-Medical, Non-clinical Resource offerings.
- Payment Solutions
- The Government Procurement Card (GPC); a selection of fuel procurement cards including MonitorCard and the Government Merchant Acquiring framework agreement.
- Offering booking services via travel management companies for rail, air & ferry travel, hotels and service accommodation, and conference facilities. Travel also offers a "one stop shop" service for the booking of all of these travel services through one provider. Additionally, direct deals are available via the Government Hotel Programme.
- Offers a set of web-based procurement tools encompassing eSourcing, Spend Analysis and eAuctions, plus our fully funded and managed eAuction programme.