Find out about best practice for exams officers about how to plan for exams.
Read our information about best practice for liaising with candidates and keeping records of all communications.
Running an efficient exams centre
Our guidance contains advice on how to make sure your exams centre run smoothly and efficiently. It covers:
- building relationships with staff and colleagues
- securing time and resources
- career development.
Our guidance provides information about access arrangements including how to apply for them and best practice.
Have a look at our booklet for best practice for managing timetables and resolving clashes.
Useful online tools
These tools will be of use to you during the planning stage:
- Creates a customised timetable that lists dates for all general qualifications exams for your centre.
Key dates calendar
- Provides key dates from awarding bodies and the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) and enables centres to search, filter, customise and download a complete general qualifications calendar.
Access arrangements online
- Enables centres to submit requests, and receive outcomes for all GCSE and GCE access arrangements quickly and efficiently online.
Consortium exam policy generator
- Generates and customises a robust exams policy to support processes within your Diploma consortium.
Exam fees estimator
- Demonstrates the potential costs of making late and very late entries, and contains information on entry fees.
Modified papers tool
Enables centres to order modified papers online. Access is available via awarding body secure extranet sites.
Last modified: 23 Mar 2010