The IAB has partnered with some of the leading training providers in the interactive marketing and advertising space to provide additional opportunities for professional development. Many of the following providers offer significant discounts to our members — follow the links to access these additional savings:
- IAI. The Internet Advertising Institute is the source for innovative online-delivered programs designed for professional digital marketers as well as career changers looking to enter this field. The comprehensive curriculum covers the basics (“essentials”) of digital marketing as well as selling and buying Online Display, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Video and Mobile Marketing. Engaging on-demand training is tailored for the seller, buyer, inhouse (client-side) marketer and Executive/Business Owner. Program content is developed and updated quarterly by Advisory Council of active industry leaders. IAB members receive discounts by using special IAB code tmiai2010.
- University of San Francisco, Master Certificate in Internet Marketing. The University of San Francisco’s Master Certificate in Internet Marketing provides the advanced training and credentials you need to become an interactive marketing expert. Real-world pros share practical applications and strategic best practices covering all facets of digital marketing, including website usability, blogs, Web 2.0, search engine optimization (SEO), web analytics, viral marketing, affiliate marketing, social media and prepares you for certification from two of the leading industry organizations: Google Advertising Professional and Web Analytics Association. The USF certificate also counts 24 hours towards the 40 hours required to complete the IAB Certificate in Interactive Advertising. Visit www.usanfranonline.com/iab to discuss eligibility.
- ANA School of Marketing. The Association of National Advertisers offers a full slate of classes in major cities around the country. Topics cover the full range of marketing activities. Contact Michael Theodore at Michael@iab.net for discounts and to determine eligibility for the IAB Certificate.
- Laredo Group. The Laredo Group is a leading training and consulting firm dedicated to helping clients increase sales and decrease costs through knowledge and efficiencies related to online advertising buying and selling, search engine marketing, and site optimization. The Laredo Group provides customized general sales training & coaching for companies and individuals, media training for buyers and sellers, and custom consulting services designed to increase the revenue potential and production of staff and products for both traditional, online and cross-platform sales and marketing activities. $100 Off Per Course. Use referral code IABMEM1.
- Magazine Publishers Association. Magazine Publishers Association, the trade association for the Magazine Industry, offers seminars and training content, often applicable to a broader set of platforms than magazines. Contact email@example.com for discounts and to determine eligibility for the IAB Certificate.
Hybrid (both live and online courses)
- DMA Education. DMA Education provides up-to-date information on traditional media and emerging trends for both online and offline direct marketing campaigns. As all marketing goes direct, it's important that your staff remain current with the times in order to take your marketing to its ultimate potential. Seminars provide valuable returns in the shape of actionable ideas and techniques for direct marketing. Out first-class instructors will answer your questions, review marketing campaigns and ideas, and impart their expert knowledge. Whether you're looking to break into the world of social media, learn to successfully mine your database, or brush up on your DM basics, DMA seminars will teach you how to spend your marketing dollars wisely and effectively. All e-mail, search, social, and general digital marketing classes count towards the IAB Certificate in Digital Advertising. IAB Members use discount code IABMEM to access even greater value.
- AdMonsters. Founded in 1999, AdMonsters is the only professional association dedicated exclusively to online advertising operations and technology. AdMonsters’ Operations Training program is the only formal training curriculum specifically designed to meet the needs of the online advertising operations and technology field. Developed and led by leaders in the field working with AdMonsters staff, our courses offer hands-on, technical training both for those entering the field and for seasoned professionals seeking to further their career development. IAB Members receive a 30% Discount with code IABUS30.
- Anne Miller. Anne supports clients who sell in high stakes situations with tailored workshops, consulting, private coaching, and customized speeches. “Make What You Say, Pay!” is the principle underlying all her programs from “Strategic Probing” and “Presenting Like a Pro” to “Negotiating” and “Outrageous Thinking for Outsized Results.” Her work with 100+ print and on-line clients have helped them sell millions of dollars of products and services to advertisers. Anne is the author of three books, the popular “Metaphorically Selling,” “365 Sales Tips for Winning Business,” and “Presentation Jazz.” “You did a fantastic job with my team.” Richy Glassberg, TV Guide.
- Upstream Group. Upstream Group has created and delivered team workshops for over 300 different media companies and sales organizations over the past 12 years. Every workshop is preceded by strong discovery and understanding of the client’s business: we interview not only team leaders but also key sellers and stakeholders prior to training a team. Custom training programs can be developed to focus on any issue found at the intersection of media, technology and advertising.