Research and Innovation Administrator
Summary Information for vacancy - reference R&IAdmin/2011
WC1N 1ST, Camden, Greater London, London
22 June 2011
30 June 2011
No of vacancies
Field of work
To provide general business, administrative, organisational and project support to the Research & Innovation team.
The POST will:
• Providing the lead for event organisation and all logistics (meetings, workshops, conferences, testing events) as part of the delivery of programmes.
• Assisting in financial processes including creating purchase orders, new supplier setup, goods received notes, and invoices.
• Processing of invoices using Ebis and accurately reporting back to team members who are responsible for monitoring budgets.
• Responsible for managing and updating the internal budget and project management reporting tool
• Liaising with Finance in the reporting of quarterly budgets.
• Managing GPC bookings and monthly statements for finance.
• Assisting in ensuring the project management process is compliant with UK Sport procedures.
• Assist with internal processes, including contract management.
• Preparing and attending team meetings, capturing actions and disseminating to teams as advised.
• Undertake basic desk research for team members.
• Participating in relevant Performance projects identified through the Mission 2012 review process.
• Coordinate R&I responses and updates on the Mission 2012 Issue Management Tool (IMT)
• Providing cover for administrative support to the Performance team and other parts of UK Sport, as required.
• Working with business support/administration user groups in UK Sport to contribute to continuous improvement of systems, procedures and ways of working.
Please see the UK Sport Website for the full description - www.uksport.gov.uk/vacancies
We are looking for someone who has the following skills/experience:
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
• Demonstrable administration and project support experience in a dynamic, performance focussed environment
• IT literate with outstanding working knowledge of Word and Excel spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint
• Educated to Degree level preferably in sport related discipline
• A strong interest in high performance sport and/or science, medicine, technology
• Experience in supporting ‘virtual’ teams – with team members geographically spread
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.
UK Sport is an equal opportunities employer.