London Secretary - Volunteer Role
Summary Information for vacancy - reference LS06/06/11
CSSC Sports and Leisure
The Region will meet agreed out of pocket expenses
City of London, Greater London, London
City of Westminster, Greater London, London
06 July 2011
No of vacancies
Field of work
Administration, Communications/Marketing, Planning
The Regional Secretary is a member of the London Management Board and is responsible for its smooth running and operation of membership opportunities. In essence the role is intended to deliver a clear and well maintained structure of operation for the Board and assist Board members to make a full and effective contribution to the Region’s business.
Effective communications with London Management Board members, CSSC staff, volunteers and members combined with exemplary administration of the Region’s affairs lay at the heart of this pivotal role for the Region.
- Co-ordinating London Management Board meetings, Executive Sub-Groups (e.g. Marketing & Communications) and any Regional / volunteer conferences.
- Arrange appointment of a minute taker for the London Management Board, support and oversee this person in producing and distributing appropriate minutes of meetings.
- Dealing with correspondence and ensuring that there are efficient communication streams in place between the London Management Board, London-based DAs, District Groups, London Activity Bodies and the one London Area Association.
- To communicate effectively with the DA liaison officer/coordinator for the London Management Board
- Be the first point of contact for all enquiries relating to the London Management Board, its role, policies or procedures
- Monitor and maintain the Region’s annual business plan and oversee the plan’s process or review and development, reporting back on progress / delays to the London Management Board on a regular basis.
- Keep up to date with the content of the Regional and District activity programme and bring forward proposals to develop and maximise that programme
- Prepare an annual report within a timescale agreed by the London Management Board
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - Yes
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter stating why you would be suitable for this position to: Luke Roberts, Business Development Executive for London & Eastern Regions at email@example.com or post your cv and covering letter to:
CSSC Sports & Leisure
7/8 Buckingham Place
Bucks. HP13 5HW
14061123551_word_application_form Volunteer positions.doc