Project Manager (Band C)
Summary Information for vacancy - reference OFG/640
Office of Gas and Electricity Markets
£31500 - £38600 Per Annum
SW1P 3GE, City of Westminster, Greater London, London
20 June 2011
No of vacancies
Field of work
Programme and Project Management
You will manage the day-to-day Project Management requirements of a suite of medium sized projects. You will provide strategic and best practice project management support, work with senior managers and the delivery team to shape the direction of projects and identify key activities, and ensure project disciplines are in place. You will also coach team members and develop and co-ordinate project management capabilities and approaches.
Assisting delivery of key programmes and projects against plans (including cost and quality)
Strategic guidance and best practice knowledge for project teams on all programme management related issues, including:
• programme plans
• progress monitoring and reporting
• risk and issue management process
• internal or external reviews of the programme
• Progress reporting, within the organisation and externally
English language skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage own workload and to direct team resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills including building strong relationships both internal and external to the team.
- Proficient in the practical use of MS Office applications with experience in MS Project and Visio desirable.
- Possesses a flexible approach and keenness to further develop their project delivery skills.
- Specialist in Project and Programme Management, ideally with Practitioner qualifications in Prince2 and/or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
Proven track record of supporting or managing Government projects and programmes including:
• Project and programme planning
• Risk and issues management including process and log maintenance
• Progress reporting
• Managing change
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please visit www.ofgemjobs.co.uk/recruitment-timetable
Closing date: 12 noon, 20 June 2011.
Please quote reference OFG/640 in all correspondence.