After section 63H of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (for which see section 5) insert -
“63I Retention of material: persons convicted of an offence outside England and Wales
- This section applies to material falling within subsection (2) relating to a person who is convicted of an offence under the law of any country or territory outside England and Wales.
- Material falls within this subsection if it is -
- fingerprints taken from the person under section 61(6D) (power to take fingerprints without consent in relation to offences outside England and Wales), or
- a DNA profile derived from a DNA sample taken from the person under section 62(2A) or 63(3E) (powers to take intimate and non-intimate samples in relation to offences outside England and Wales).
- The material may be retained indefinitely.”