- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Overcoming barriers in mathematics – Helping children move from level 2 to level 3
- Publication date:
- Mar 2008
- Education adviser, Headteacher, Lead intervention teacher, National Strategies consultant, Senior leadership team (SLT), Subject leader, Teacher
- Assessment resources, Continuing professional development (CPD), Leadership, Management resources, Planning resources, Progression, Training materials, Initial teacher training (ITT), Intervention, Teaching and learning
- Booklet, CD/DVD, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (2.4 MB).
These materials are designed to help teachers ensure that Year 3 and 4 children progress from level 2 to 3 by the end of Year 4.
Increasing numbers of children are achieving level 3, but some children still meet barriers in their learning that slows or blocks their progress. The materials on the CD provide teaching resources and ideas that teachers use when planning additional support for those children.
This CD is one of a set of similarly focused intervention materials that are to be developed for mathematics. Teachers will find these materials useful when planning their teaching to help children working around the level 2 to 3 border make good progress.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Day-to-day assessment in mathematics
- Gifted and Talented education: Guidance on addressing underachievement Planning a whole-school approach
- Guidance paper: Calculation
- Introduction to Assessing Pupils' Progress (APP)
- Leading partners in mathematics: Pilot project Bradford College
- Making effective use of Numbers and patterns: laying foundations in mathematics CPD
- Moving on with assessment in mathematics Developing classroom practice
- One-to-one tuition toolkit
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 1 to level 2
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 2 to level 3
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 3 to level 4
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics helping children move from level 4 to level 5
- Progression guidance 200910
- Securing level 1 in mathematics
- Using ICT to explore and model mathematics: Number dials ITP CPD
- Using ICT to explore and model mathematics: Twenty cards ITP CPD