- Accessibility help
- Text size:
New Arrivals Excellence Programme: Case study booklet
- Publication date:
- Jul 2007
- Deputy headteacher, EMA consultant, EMA manager, Headteacher, Inclusion staff, Inclusion strategic lead, Lead intervention teacher, Leading teacher, Strategy manager
- Good practice, Guidance, Transfer and transition
- Booklet, Case study
This publication is available as a PDF file (420 KB).
A short written case study for each school is provided in this booklet and each school is featured separately within the DVD in sequences of no more than 30 minutes.
The six featured schools are as follows.
- Large urban primary school in the north west of England
Focus: a holistic approach to meeting the needs of new arrivals: many languages, many cultures, one community.
- Large urban primary school in London
Focus: partnership work to meet the language and learning needs of new arrivals and their families.
- Large primary school in a shire county
Focus: supporting isolated bilingual learners: whole-school inclusion for new arrivals and their families.
- Large urban secondary school in London
Focus: induction programme for Key Stage 3 new arrivals.
- Large mixed 11–18 comprehensive school in London
Focus: English Language and Literacy in the Curriculum (a course for students in Key Stages 4 and 5).
- Small Roman Catholic secondary school in a shire county
Focus: supporting isolated bilingual learners within the curriculum: one school’s response to Polish new arrivals.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Aiming high: Partnerships between schools and TESS in raising the achievement of Gypsy Traveller pupils
- Black Achievement Territorial Network event February 2010
- Briefing for SIPs: Aiming High strategy
- Building Futures: Developing trust A focus on provision for children from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller backgrounds in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Building Futures: Developing trust GRT EYFS guided resource
- Every Child Matters prompts for 2007/08
- ITT case study: Talk, gender and teachers' questioning in English lessons
- Making an impact on Black children's achievement
- Minority Ethnic Achievement Project newsletter: Spring 2006
- Moving forward together: Raising Gypsy, Roma and Traveller achievement
- New Arrivals Excellence Programme: CPD Modules
- New Arrivals Excellence Programme: Case study booklet
- Raising Black childrens achievement e-learning modules
- Raising the attainment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils: CPD modules
- Raising the attainment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils: Guidance booklet
- SEAL development group 2007/2008
- Ethnic Minority Achievement Programme newsletter: Autumn 2009
- Narrowing the Gaps: Resources to support the achievement of Black and minority ethnic, disadvantaged and gifted and talented pupils
- Narrowing the Gaps: from data analysis to impact The golden thread
- New Arrivals Excellence Programme (NAEP): Case studies (DVD and booklet)
- New Arrivals Excellence Programme: Guidance
- Raising the achievement of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller pupils