Published materials – CPD
This section contains a suggestion for a staff meeting to introduce the Primary National Strategy Wave 3 mathematics pack and Wave 3 mathematics provision.
Outline for a staff meeting
- To provide some background to the development of the Primary National Strategy Wave 3 mathematics materials
- To develop practice in supporting children’s mathematical development and self confidence by providing a suggested model for Wave 3 mathematics intervention
- To familiarise staff with specific detail about using the Wave 3 mathematics pack
- To consider the identification of specific areas of mathematics that can prevent children achieving expected levels of progress
- It is important that the Wave 3 mathematics materials are seen as a suggested model for providing Wave 3 intervention, which teachers should adapt to suit the needs of their children.
- There are key features in the design of the materials to support good practice in working with children with mathematical difficulties.
- Good day-to-day assessment is fundamental in supporting effective use of Wave 3 mathematics intervention.