Improving the use of ICT in the Foundation Stage: Westminster
- Date: Feb 2007
- Focus: To develop child initiated learning to raise standards using ICT as a key tool and to develop practitioner expertise in using ICT to support observations and assessments.
- Number in series: 19
- Phase: Early Years
- Key stage: Foundation Stage
- Local authority: Westminster
Westminster’s ICT project aimed to develop e-portfolios that captured children’s learning and provided encouragement in sharing children’s learning with families via the internet. Digital cameras, video cameras, digital voice recorders and scanners were provided to the settings. The case study overview outlines how the project developed, which is illustrated by diary entries that reflect practitioners’ thoughts and concerns as the project unfolded.
Aims of the ICT project
- To develop child initiated learning with drive and challenge to raise standards using ICT as a key tool.
- To develop practitioner confidence and expertise in using ICT to support observations and assessments.