Primary SEAL – Introduction
Excellence and Enjoyment: social and emotional aspects of learning
The Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (SEAL) resource provides a framework for explicitly promoting social, emotional and behavioural skills, with built-in progression for each year group within a school.
The resource is designed to facilitate a systematic and spiral approach to learning. It should be seen as a stimulus or starting point, rather than a finished product.
It is hoped that it will provide structured support to the creativity and initiative of schools who use the materials.
The materials include:
Seven sets of thematic materials that each have:
- an assembly and overview
- a Red set booklet – for the Foundation Stage
- a Blue set booklet – for Years 1 and 2
- a Yellow set booklet – for Years 3 and 4
- a Green set booklet – for Years 5 and 6.
In addition there are booklets that contain materials for all seven themes:
- Purple set booklets – activities for exploring the theme in the staffroom
- Gold set booklets – family activities
- Silver set booklets – small-group activities (Years 1 and 2).