- Accessibility help
- Text size:
NAGTY occasional paper 5: A baseline review of the literature on effective pedagogies for Gifted and Talented students
- Publication date:
- Apr 2005
- Inclusion staff, Lead intervention teacher, Leading teacher, Teacher
- Guidance, Research, Effective practice, Teaching and learning
- Teacher resources
This publication is available as a PDF file (539 KB).
This review provides a baseline analysis of research evidence, good practice and initiatives on effective pedagogies for gifted and talented education.
It is an analysis of the claims in the literature rather than an empirical assessment of those claims, though it does identify the evidence that is most securely based.
The review identified four key areas for discussion: namely the identification of the gifted and talented, education of gifted and talented students, approaches to provision, and issues in effective gifted and talented pedagogy.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Briefing for SIPs: Gifted and Talented programme
- Effective provision for gifted and talented children in primary education
- Effective provision for gifted and talented students in secondary education
- Gifted and Talented programme: Frequently asked questions
- Mathematical challenges for able pupils in Key Stages 1 and 2
- NAGTY occasional paper 1: English model of Gifted and Talented education Policy, context and challenges
- NAGTY occasional paper 5: A baseline review of the literature on effective pedagogies for Gifted and Talented students
- NAGTY occasional paper 9: Pilot survey of members' parents
- NAGTY occasional paper 10: Identifying gifted students An evaluation of the NAGTY procedure
- NAGTY occasional paper 14: What's so different about Gifted and Talented Students?
- NAGTY occasional paper 15: The second annual survey of the workloads and support needs of gifted and talented coordinators in secondary schools in England
- NAGTY occasional paper 17: 'Doing Hamlet while running the New York marathon' Finding and training the Billy Elliots
- Nurturing gifted and talented children at Key Stage 1
- Progression in information texts
- Using the Institutional Quality Standards to improve Gifted and Talented education in schools
- Volunteer opportunities
- NAGTY occasional paper 11: Engagement with school, identity and self-esteem Some characteristics of gifted and talented students in England
- NAGTY occasional paper 12: Developing expertise School-based case studies
- NAGTY occasional paper 18: Securing progression through learning A pedagogical approach to widening participation
- NAGTY occasional paper 19: The darker side of bright students Gifted and Talented heavy metal fans
- NAGTY occasional paper 2: Hidden talents A review of state supported provision and policy for talented pupils in England
- NAGTY occasional paper 6: Investigating the notion of children with multiple exceptionalities