Sheffield Buddying Case Study: Raising boys' attainment
- Date: March 2010
- Programme: Supporting programmes and resources
- Subject area: Buddying
- Focus: Promoting effective use of the outdoor environment, mark making and the self-evaluation and improvement agenda
- Number in series: 10 of 11
- Phase: Early Years
- Key stage: Foundation Stage
- Local authority: Sheffield
- Ref: 00203-2010DWO-EN-10
Despite recent rises in Sheffield's Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP) results, analysis demonstrated that boys consistently scored less well in all areas of learning, particularly in Communication, Language and Literacy (CLL). The graph in the attached PDF shows that boys trail girls by 15% in CLL.
The Buddying project gave us the opportunity to address this complex and multi-layered issue and combine other service priorities, e.g. promoting effective use of the outdoor environment, mark making and the self-evaluation and improvement agenda.
- Next:What was planned?