Improving the use of ICT in the Foundation Stage: Nottinghamshire
Practice and impact
- Date: Feb 2007
- Focus: Using video to support the observation, assessment and documentation of learning.
- Number in series: 13
- Phase: Early Years
- Key stage: Foundation Stage
- Local authority: Nottinghamshire
The project has so far been conducted over a period of eight school
weeks; we plan to continue developing the project through work with the
selected settings and others. Given the short timescale we feel that
within our selected settings the project has had significant impact on
- Increased confidence in staff using digital still and video images
in a structured folder system to support the documentation of learning.
- Development of ICT skills making teachers more efficient.
- An increased emphasis on the importance of the need to record the process of learning.
- Improved speaking and listening.
- Motivation, particularly for boys who wanted to become involved in activities when ICT kit was being used.
- Children’s active involvement in self-assessment.
- Increased confidence in children.
- Observation of SEN, particular example elective mute.
- Links with parents in sharing process of learning.