- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Moving on in mathematics: Narrowing the Gaps
- Publication date:
- Jan 2010
- Deputy headteacher, Education adviser, Headteacher, Local authority staff, National Strategies consultant, Senior leadership team (SLT), Teacher
- Assessment resources, Continuing professional development (CPD), Leadership, Management resources, Training materials, Phase guidance, Using data for improvement
- Booklet, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (3.3 MB).
This publication sets out ways to help primary schools to be more successful in narrowing the gaps in attainment in mathematics. It is intended to be used by mathematics subject leaders and class teachers, in collaboration with members of schools' senior management teams to support those who work with children to secure their learning in mathematics.
The importance of children realising their potential in mathematics is shared by all schools and teachers. We want children to have confidence in their mathematical ability and to attain well so that they have the best life chances.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Moving on in mathematics: Narrowing the Gaps
- Moving on with assessment in mathematics Developing classroom practice
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 1 to level 2
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 2 to level 3
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics helping children move from level 4 to level 5
- Securing level 3 in mathematics
- Securing level 4 in mathematics