- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Narrowing the Gaps: from data analysis to impact – The golden thread
- Publication date:
- Sep 2009
- EMA consultant, EMA manager, Inclusion staff, Inclusion strategic lead, Lead intervention teacher, Local authority staff, Teacher
- Data, Leadership, Training materials, Phase guidance, Preventing underachievement, Using data for improvement
- Booklet, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (741 KB).
This publication focuses on the effective use of data in primary and secondary schools and settings to focus and drive action to accelerate the progress of underachieving pupils entitled to free school meals (FSM).
It aims to support senior teams, in both primary and secondary phases, by setting out a practical approach for seeing analysis through to impact, with a particular focus on narrowing gaps for disadvantaged groups of pupils. We have called this the 'golden thread' that connects analysis through to targeted action and impact.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Ensuring the attainment of Black pupils
- Narrowing the Gaps - Leadership for impact
- Narrowing the Gaps: from data analysis to impact The golden thread
- Raising the attainment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils: Guidance booklet
- Social Class and Achievement Case Studies
- Confidence in results
- Excellence and Enjoyment: Learning and teaching for Black children in the primary years
- Gifted and talented Black pupils achievement: Continuing professional development (CPD) module and briefing pack
- Narrowing the Gaps: Resources to support the achievement of Black and minority ethnic, disadvantaged and gifted and talented pupils
- Narrowing the Gaps: from data analysis to impact A practical guide
- Narrowing the Gaps: overview