Moving beyond the floor target case study: Thornhill Primary School, Rotherham
Sustainability – what next?
- Date: Jan 2008
- Programme: Improving Schools Programme (ISP)
- Focus: Tackling underachievement in schools causing concern
- Number in series: 4
- School name: Thornhill Primary School
- Phase: Primary
- Key stage: Foundation Stage, Key Stages 1 and 2
- Local authority: Rotherham
- Ref: 00150-2008DWO-EN-01
- % of free school meals: 35%
What mechanisms are there in place to ensure improvements are sustained?
What will the school do?
- Continue to embed developments and evaluate their impact.
- Fine tune some developments.
- Work to gain an Enterprise Award.
- The school will not make any additional major changes during this session or next.
What will the LA do?
- The school will remain in the ISP for another 12 months depending on attainment and the results of continued monitoring. It will need to be above floor targets in both areas.
- SIP discussions in 2007.
- ISP discussions with the school regarding predictions and targets for 2008.