Narrowing the Gaps: overview
A strategy for narrowing the gaps
There are four areas of activity known to be important in schools that are successful in narrowing gaps:
- Know the gaps – through effective use of data to make gaps visible, set targets and inform action.
- Narrow the gaps – through high-quality, personalised provision including good planning, powerful pedagogy, good behaviour for learning, work with parents and the systematic application of what is known to work.
- Mind the gaps – through rigorous, robust and effective tracking of progress.
- Celebrate gap busting – through recognition of personal achievement and sharing of good practice.
- Previous:Narrowing the Gaps: overview