Support for day-to-day assessment in mathematics
- 1 Support for day-to-day assessment in mathematics
- 2 Establishing age-related expectations
- 3 Building on prior learning
- 4 Maintaining pitch and expectations
- 5 Differentiation and mixed-age teaching
- 6 Assessing children's learning outcomes
- 7 Questioning and assessment activities
- 8 Developing language
- 9 Personalising learning - intervening to address children's needs
- 10 Designing opportunities for learning
Establishing age-related expectations
It is useful to have a benchmark of outcomes for children to help when tracking and assessing children's progress.
Progression in mathematics overviews
These overviews describe children's learning throughout each year. The mathematics overviews illustrate how using and applying mathematics is integrated throughout teaching and learning, and the key role of the developing use of mathematical language. See the Related links section to be taken to the overview for a particular year.
Progression in learning objectives
Mathematics objectives are aligned to seven strands to demonstrate the progression in each strand.