- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Secondary mathematics parents' pilot project
This e-learning course takes you through everything you need to know about holding a mathematics workshop for parents and pupils. It includes checklists, activity suggestions and case studies, as well as videos of workshops taking place and the reactions of parents, pupils and teachers.There are four modules in this course:
- What do you want to achieve?
- Planning the workshop: What practical arrangements do you need to make?
- On the day: What will happen and how will you make sure it runs smoothly?
- After the workshop: What went well, what could be improved?
- Identify and resolve planning risks within your own school
- identify groups which would benefit from a workshop;
- involve and motivate the relevant parties;
- develop activity ideas with colleagues pitched at the appropriate level.
- Lead an enjoyable workshop which requires collaboration and communication.
- Identify what worked and what didn’t work, and plan next steps, after the workshop.
- Assessing Pupils' Progress (APP): Science
- Ensuring the attainment of more advanced learners of English as an additional language (EAL)
- Exemplification to support use of the Assessment for Learning (AfL) quality standards (Secondary)
- Strengthening transfers and transition: Partnerships for progress
- Teaching for progression: Speaking and listening
- Teaching for progression: Writing