- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Support for Spelling
- Publication date:
- Feb 2010
- Headteacher, Leading teacher, National Strategies consultant, Teacher
- Guidance, Initial teacher training (ITT), Teaching and learning
- Booklet, Key document
This publication is available as a PDF file (1.1 MB).
The second edition of Support for Spelling offers support for teachers wanting their pupils to become fluent and effective writers; accurate spelling is a means to that end. Competent spellers need to spend less time and energy in thinking about spelling to enable them to channel their time and energy into the skills of composition, sentence structure and precise word choice.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Support for Spelling
- Developing language in the primary school: Literacy and primary languages
- Letters and Sounds: Principles and practice of high quality phonics
- Moving on with assessment in mathematics Developing classroom practice
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 1 to level 2
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics helping children move from level 4 to level 5
- Primary Framework for teaching Literacy and Mathematics Booklet