Standalone version for Windows
Alert: ensure that your version of the planning tool is v4.10 or above. The version number is displayed on the welcome page of the planning tool. To update the planning tool follow the instructions below.
Please read the installation instructions carefully and refer to the detailed guidance (for Windows only) if you require more information.
- Ensure you have permission to install software on your computer. If your permissions are restricted, ask your system administrator to install the planning tool for you.
- Download the attached version of the planning tool. If you are prevented from downloading the EXE version then download the ZIP and extract the setup.exe file.
- Save the setup.exe file to a memorable location your computer’s hard drive.
- Double-click the setup.exe file and choose 'Run' if prompted.
- Accept the default settings and click 'Next >'.
- Accept the default settings when the installation folder screen is presented and click ‘Install’.
- When the installation is complete click 'Close'.
- If you have a direct connection to the internet then please move straight to step 10. If you connect to the internet via a network or you are unsure then please move to step 9.
- Go to 'Start > Programs > Planning tool > Settings'. Enter the proxy settings (connection settings – if you are not sure where to find these, please see Connection issues for guidance). Tick the 'Use proxy for updates?' option and click 'Save'.
- To run the application go to 'Start > Programs > Planning tool > Planning tool'.