- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Increasing pupils' rates of progress in English: Participants' pack
- Publication date:
- Sep 2004
- Head of school department, Subject leader, Teacher
- Continuing professional development (CPD), Guidance, Key messages, Progression, Training, Training materials, Pupil progress
- Pack, Handbook
This publication is available in a ZIP file (887 KB). (The contents of this zip file can be downloaded from the attachments area to the right.)
The objectives of these materials are to help teachers increase pupils' rates of development in English by ensuring clear expectations for pupils' progress of between one and two levels over Key Stage 3.
These materials also hope to develop effective strategies to accelerate more pupils' progress and embed these strategies into teachers’ schemes of work, lesson plans and classroom approaches.
The course handbook describes the aims and outcomes of the sessions, gives outlines of the 5 sessions and provides an evaluation sheet at the end.
The key messages provides data and evaluates the current rates of progress at Key Stage 3. It goes on to describe next steps for English subject leaders.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- A condensed Key Stage 3 Supplementary guidance - English
- Enhancing learning with effective e-writing e-learning course
- Ensuring the attainment of white working class boys in writing
- Foundation subjects case studies
- Improving Writing: a handbook for Key Stage 3
- Increasing pupils' rates of progress in English: Participants' pack
- Key Stage 3 Reading Challenge Course tutor's notes
- Literacy Plus Guidance
- Literacy Progress Unit: Information retrieval
- Literacy Progress Unit: Reading between the lines
- Literacy Progress Unit: Writing organisation
- Preparing teachers new to Year 9 core subjects and ICT
- Raising standards in middle schools
- Study Plus pack
- Teaching speaking and listening
- Writing Challenge - Course tutor's notes
- Assessment for Learning (AfL) subject development materials
- Assessment for Learning (AfL): Whole-school training materials
- Increasing pupils' rates of progress in ICT Resource pack for participants
- Literacy Progress Unit: Spelling
- Literacy across the curriculum: For school-based use or self-study
- Sound and video pack for participants