- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Beyond the e-safety net course
E-learning supporting secondary ICT subject leaders and teachers to integrate the technical implications of e-safety when teaching/delivering the secondary ICT curriculum.This e-learning course is divided into three modules.
- Video introduction explores why e-safety is important and includes reflections by young people on their experiences with technology.
- Exploring e-safety risks develops technical understanding of technologies through a range of virtual school scenarios or a quick reference area.
- Planning for learning moves from raising your own awareness to that of your students through lesson planning to incorporate e-safety into your teaching of the ICT curriculum.
Increased ability to:
- identify the key technical exchanges that take place when using the internet and email for the above
- assess the ethical issues when using the internet, particularly Web 2.0 tools
- evaluate the legal considerations of internet use, particularly Web 2.0 tools
- discriminate between the positive and negative aspects of data collection
- promote e-safety in teaching ICT
- produce lesson plans using the learning objectives from the ICT Framework.
- the guidance for schools on technical solutions to teaching e-safety
- e-safety organisations, in order to incorporate appropriate materials and guidance into medium- and long-term planning.