- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Early Reading e-learning course
E-learning course for NQTs and teachers new to reception classes, including overseas teachers, to support the planning and delivery of a balanced reading curriculum to support children's word recognition and language comprehension. The course provides practical examples of effective strategies, imparts key skills to less experienced staff, prompts consideration and discussion of key issues, and shows how sessions might best be delivered.
Before doing this learning, it is recommended that you complete the Communication, Language and Literacy essential knowledge e-learning module. You may also find it useful to look at the Early Reading curriculum CPD resources DVD.
- Early Reading course
- E-learning course for new reception teachers to plan and deliver a balanced reading curriculum to support children's word recognition and language comprehension.
- Communication, Language and Literacy Development (CLLD) programme: Materials for practitioners
- Disability equality in action examples of good practice in schools
- Early Reading curriculum CPD resources
- Key Questions Documents to support ITT in reviewing and developing their literacy provision
- Letters and Sounds: Principles and practice of high quality phonics
- Standards files