- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Teaching for progression: Writing
- Publication date:
- Dec 2008
- Guidance, Planning resources, Progression, Initial teacher training (ITT), Teaching and learning
- Booklet, Key document, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (2.1 MB).
There are three strands in the renewed Framework for Secondary English within Teaching for writing. These are:
- Composition – generating ideas, planning and drafting
- Composition – shaping and constructing language for expression and effect
- Conventions – drawing on conventions and structures.
These strands are further subdivided and offer opportunities for engagement with the language strand, Exploring and analysing language.
The Teaching for Writing materials are available to download.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Access and engagement in English: Teaching pupils for whom English is an additional language
- Assessment for Learning (AfL) 8 schools project
- Assessment for Learning (AfL): Whole-school training materials
- Bridging plans: From Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 4 English
- English learning objectives
- Evaluating School Performance: Post-16
- Pedagogy and practice: Teaching and learning in secondary schools Unit 13: Developing reading
- Progression Guidance Professional Development Course
- Progression guidance 200910
- Secondary Intervention: Setting the scene for English
- Secondary Intervention: Training modules Overview
- Targeting level 5 and above: Teaching responses to reading
- Teaching for progression: Reading
- Teaching for progression: Speaking and listening
- Teaching for progression: Writing