- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Retaining effective science teachers - a development toolkit
- Publication date:
- Oct 2008
- Head of school department, Headteacher, Subject leader, Teacher
- Continuing professional development (CPD), Guidance, Planning resources, Training
- CD/DVD, Toolkit
This toolkit will help with strategies to develop staff and increase performance and retention.
The self-evaluation feature can be used to assess the current level of development for departments, and the resources can provide ideas and inspiration to help improvement.
In addition, the action planner can be used to put together an Excel action plan to move forward.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Enhancing teaching and learning in secondary science DVD-ROM
- Gifted and Talented science master class: Case study
- Key messages from science national training
- Maximising pupil progress (MPP) formerly Progressing to level 6 and beyond in science with added 'How Science Works'
- Misconceptions in Key Stage 3 science
- Retaining effective science teachers a development toolkit
- Retaining effective science teachers - a development toolkit
- Science: Strengthening teaching and learning of interdependence
- Science Strand Participant's Materials
- Science intervention materials
- Secondary Intervention: Teaching assistants training module Working with Study Plus
- Strengthening Teaching And Learning Of Energy: Tutors' Pack
- Strengthening teaching and learning of cells in Key Stage 3 science
- Strengthening teaching and learning of energy in Key Stage 3 science: Additional Support Pack
- Strengthening teaching and learning of geological changes in Key Stage 3 science
- The learning discussion: A strategy to support better progress for underperforming groups in science
- Mathematics planning toolkit: Key Stage 4
- Mathematics subject leader development meetings: Summer 2007
- Pedagogy and Practice: Teaching and learning in secondary schools Video sequences for units 18 (DVD 1)
- Preparing teachers new to Year 9 core subjects and ICT
- Secondary mathematics planning toolkit
- The behaviour and attendance action plan toolkit: Unit 10 Links with partners and other agencies