- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Early Years consultant's handbook
- Publication date:
- Sep 2008
- Early years foundation stage practitioner, Early years leader, Early years manager, Early years strategic lead, Education adviser, Local authority staff, National Strategies consultant, National Strategies strategy manager, Nursery manager
- Leadership, School improvement, Consultant folder, Intervention, Local authority leadership, Phase guidance, Using data for improvement
- Handbook, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (803 KB).
LAs have a statutory duty to provide information, advice and training to their Early Years workforce, and Early Years consultants should be at the forefront of delivering this. They are key players in ensuring that a local authority's quality improvement strategy is implemented in all settings in a way that impacts on the lives of children and their families, offering measured support in inverse proportion to success.
This requires strong leadership and partnerships with settings across the maintained and private, voluntary and independent sectors, as well as with other children's services providers.
This handbook offers some tools and information which Early Years consultants will find useful in carrying out this important role.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- About the Themes and Principles
- A guide to accessing, understanding, interrogating and using Early Years' data
- Building Futures: Believing in children A focus on provision for Black children in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Building Futures: Developing trust A focus on provision for children from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller backgrounds in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Building Futures: Developing trust GRT EYFS guided resource
- Challenging practice to further improve learning, playing and interacting in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Children thinking mathematically: PSRN essential knowledge for Early Years practitioners
- EYFS Media and Parents Pack
- Early Years: Working with parents and carers e-learning course
- Early Years Quality Improvement Support Programme (EYQISP)
- Early Years consultant's handbook
- Every Child a Talker: Guidance for Consultants and Early Language Lead Practitioners (Third instalment)
- Improving quality and raising standards in the Early Years: A directory of resources for local authorities (2nd edition January 2009)
- Registration and inspection
- The Early Years Foundation Stage
- The Early Years Foundation Stage: Setting the Standards for Learning, Development and Care for children from birth to five - May 2008
- 1.3 Keeping Safe
- About the EYFS
- Making a Big Difference in the Early Years Foundation Stage - A handbook for local authorities
- Progress Matters: Reviewing and enhancing young children's development
- Statutory Framework for EYFS: welfare requirements
- Supporting children learning English as an additional language: Guidance for practitioners in the Early Years Foundation Stage