- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Raising the attainment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils: Guidance booklet
- Publication date:
- Jul 2008
- Deputy headteacher, EMA consultant, EMA manager, Headteacher, Teacher
- Ethnic minority achievement, Guidance, Leadership, Management resources
- Booklet, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (713 KB).
This booklet is intended to be used with the Management guide (00069-2007BKT-EN) booklet to support school senior leaders in developing a strategic approach to raising the attainment of the pupils of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils in their schools. Through a focus on key elements of effective inclusive practice, self-evaluation and targeted action, this guidance gives an emphasis to identifying the needs of and providing support to Muslim pupils.
This guidance document is divided into three main sections:
- Developing an inclusive ethos
- Curriculum, learning and teaching
- Parents and the community
Each section includes some introductory information followed by discussion activities for use by senior and middle leaders.
The sections are designed to be used selectively depending on the priorities identified by the school. Each section can stand alone and they are not intended to be sequential.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Ensuring the attainment of Black pupils
- Narrowing the Gaps - Leadership for impact
- Narrowing the Gaps: from data analysis to impact The golden thread
- Raising the attainment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils: Guidance booklet
- Social Class and Achievement Case Studies
- Ensuring the attainment of pupils learning English as an additional language: A management guide
- Excellence and Enjoyment: Learning and teaching for Black children in the primary years
- Narrowing the Gaps: Resources to support the achievement of Black and minority ethnic, disadvantaged and gifted and talented pupils
- New Arrivals Excellence Programme: Guidance
- Raising the attainment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils: A management guide
- Raising the attainment of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Somali and Turkish heritage pupils: CPD modules