Sustaining Success: Somerset: Taunton Circles Nursery
- Date: Sep 2006
- Focus: To develop the documentation of children's learning, the partnership with parents and carers and links with the neighbouring school.
- Number in series: 6
- School name: Taunton Circles Nursery
- Phase: Early Years
- Key stage: Foundation Stage
- Local authority: Somerset
- Ref: 00041-2007DWO-EN-03
Your context and reasoning
What did you focus upon in your setting?
Why did you choose this area?
Circles Nursery provides the encompassing education and care within
Acorns Children's Centre. Initially, Circles was established as a
neighbourhood nursery. The SureStart local programme coordinator line
manages the nursery managers. SureStart Taunton funds 50 per cent of a teaching
post and many other services that support the children, families and
practitioners in the setting.
A wide focus, but opportunities were presented to develop:
- the documentation of children's learning
- partnership with parents and carers
- links with the neighbouring school.