- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Overcoming barriers in mathematics – Helping children move from level 3 to level 4
- Publication date:
- Nov 2007
- Education adviser, Headteacher, Inclusion staff, Lead intervention teacher, Senior leadership team (SLT), Subject leader, Teacher
- Assessment resources, Continuing professional development (CPD), Leadership, Lesson resources, Management resources, Planning, Training materials, Initial teacher training (ITT), Intervention, Teaching and learning
- Booklet, CD/DVD, Key resource, Resource sheet
This publication is available as a PDF file (832 KB).
This is the first of similarly focused intervention materials that are to be developed for mathematics. Teachers will find these materials useful when planning their teaching to help children working around the level 3 to 4 border make good progress.
The materials are designed to be used with children who are at risk of not making the necessary progress to move from level 3 to secure level 4 and therefore not meeting age-related expectations by the end of Year 6.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Day-to-day assessment in mathematics
- Gifted and Talented education: Guidance on addressing underachievement Planning a whole-school approach
- Guidance paper: Calculation
- Introduction to Assessing Pupils' Progress (APP)
- Leading partners in mathematics: Pilot project Bradford College
- Making effective use of Numbers and patterns: laying foundations in mathematics CPD
- Moving on with assessment in mathematics Developing classroom practice
- One-to-one tuition toolkit
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 1 to level 2
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 2 to level 3
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 3 to level 4
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics helping children move from level 4 to level 5
- Progression guidance 200910
- Securing level 1 in mathematics
- Using ICT to explore and model mathematics: Number dials ITP CPD
- Using ICT to explore and model mathematics: Twenty cards ITP CPD