Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (SEAL): Improving behaviour, improving learning
Page 9 of 9
The Social and Emotional Aspect of Learning (SEAL) materials are designed to provide a whole-school approach to promoting social, emotional and behavioural skills. The materials provide a range of resources that can be used across the whole primary school.
These resources include a set of high-quality photographs to illustrate a number of emotions, a set of posters and other ideas for promoting SEAL across the school. The following resources can be found in the attached files.
- Working together self-review checklists
- Feelings detective poster
- Problem-solving poster
- Peaceful problem-solving poster
- Assertiveness poster
- ‘Are we ready for circle time?’ poster
- ‘The fight’ poster
- Emotional barometer resource sheet
- Feelings fan resource sheet
- Ways to calm down resource sheet
- Fireworks poster
- Feelings, thoughts, behaviour resource sheet
- 80 photocards with different emotions
- interactive texts in presentations
- a list of useful books for children, linked to the themes
- words for core feelings
- music for different moods
- a whole-school booklist
- Identikit – an interactive program which allows you to select different eyes and mouths to create expressions on a face.
See the Related Links panel for resources related to continuing professional development (CPD) and family activities.
- Previous:Theme 7: Changes