- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Securing level 5 in mathematics
- Education adviser, Headteacher, Local authority staff, Senior leadership team (SLT), Subject leader, Teacher
- Assessment resources, Attainment Targets, Continuing professional development (CPD), Guidance, Leadership, Lesson resources, Management resources, Planning resources, Progression, Training materials, Teaching and learning
- Booklet, Key resource
This publication is available as a PDF file (2.2 MB).
These materials are intended to support you in ensuring that as many children as possible reach level 5 by the end of Year 6. The guidance identifies key areas of learning that children need to secure to attain level 5 in mathematics. While you will integrate the ideas from these materials into your ongoing planning, you could also use them to plan targeted support for particular groups of children.
This booklet is supported by What I can do in mathematics - level 5, which takes the assessment checklist and presents it in a form that can be used in the classroom with space for children to record their mathematical working and answers.
This publication may be available to order from:
- This publication is only available for download.
In this section
- Securing level 5 in mathematics
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 1 to level 2
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 2 to level 3
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics Helping children move from level 3 to level 4
- Overcoming barriers in mathematics helping children move from level 4 to level 5
- Securing level 3 in mathematics
- Securing level 4 in mathematics