Briefing for SIPs: Global Gateway
A key aim of the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) is to equip our children, young people and adults for life in a global society and work in a global economy. One of the main actions to achieve this aim is to instil a strong global dimension into the learning experience of all children and young people.
The Global Gateway (link opens in new window), the DCSF’s international website, enables those involved in education across the world to find partner schools in other countries and engage in creative partnerships. It is a one-stop-shop, providing quick access to comprehensive information on how to develop an international dimension to education.
The Global Gateway helps to ensure that education crosses boundaries and that young people become true global citizens. It is for everyone involved in education – teachers, school and college leaders, pupils, governors, local authorities and parents/carers – and provides comprehensive, quality-assured information and links to resources and activities that will help raise standards in education.
The Global Gateway includes:
- a built-in school and college partner finding facility
- links to many other international education websites
- a search facility for accredited and categorised information and links
- links to sources of funding, professional development opportunities and examples of best practice in international projects and curriculum partnerships
- zones for skills and training, higher education, policy, and sports.
The Global Gateway is working with a range of countries as Strategic International Partners.
You may also be interested in the DCSF International School Award (DCSF ISA) (link opens in new window), an important way of recognising schools that have already begun to integrate global issues and international awareness into their curriculum.