- Accessibility help
- Text size:
Beyond the e-safety net
This on-line resource enables ICT subject teachers and subject leaders to explore the technical implications of e-safety and to integrate this knowledge into their teaching of the renewed ICT curriculum. The course raises awareness of key issues of e-safety, including security, moral, ethical and legal aspects of Internet use and digital communications.
Interactive scenarios around real case studies illustrate six main risk areas and explore attitudes to e-safety. All technical terms are included in a course glossary which offers advice on their e-safety aspects.
The course supports group discussion among teachers but aspects are suitable for use in classroom lessons. Teachers will be able to develop plans which incorporate Becta's 'signposts to safety' and meet the objectives of the ICT Framework.
- Beyond the e-safety net course
- E-learning supporting secondary ICT subject leaders and teachers to integrate the technical implications of e-safety when teaching/delivering the secondary ICT curriculum.
- Removing barriers to progress in ICT evaluating
- Removing barriers to progress in ICT handling data
- Removing barriers to progress in ICT internet literacy
- Removing barriers to progress in ICT problem solving
- Subject guidance and support for secondary ICT
- The Framework for secondary ICT: Introduction