You can use this checklist to review children's prior learning and help plan your teaching across the block.
Check that children can already:
- solve one-step and two-step problems involving whole numbers and decimals
- use understanding of place value to multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100 or 1000
- use efficient written methods to add and subtract whole numbers and decimals with up to two decimal places, to multiply and , and to divide
- find equivalent fractions
- understand percentage as the number of parts in every 100, and express tenths and hundredths as percentages
- use sequences to scale numbers up or down
- find simple fractions of percentages of quantities.