You can use this list to support your planning and children's developing use of mathematical language across this block:
- problem, solution, calculate, calculation, equation, method, explain, reasoning, reason, predict, pattern, relationship, formula, rule, classify, property, criterion/criteria, generalise, general statement
- integer, square number, multiple, factor, divisor, divisible by, decimal, decimal point, decimal place
- operation, inverse, add, subtract, multiply, divide, sum, total, difference, plus, minus, product, quotient, remainder, double, halve, factor, multiple, divisor, round, estimate, approximate
- 3-D, three-dimensional, vertex, vertices, face, edge, 2-D, two-dimensional, regular, irregular, polygon, side, parallel, perpendicular, angle, degree (°), acute, obtuse, protractor, angle measurer, names of shapes, including equilateral triangle, isosceles triangle, scalene triangle, quadrilateral, octahedron
- reflection, reflective symmetry, line of symmetry, mirror line, rotation, translation, origin, coordinates, x-coordinate, y-coordinate, x-axis, y-axis.