ECaT Lead Practitioners' Guide (part 2)
- "Involvement of parents, carers and guardians", Planning teaching, School improvement, Small group
- Early years foundation stage practitioner
Download Publication PDF file - 2 MB
Download this guide to help you improve children’s communication and early language development as part of Every Child a Talker (ECaT). The guide includes:
- oral language activities, including role plays and games
- supported dialogic book talk
- materials for child–parent sessions
- information on typical language and communication behaviours.
It is designed around the four themes of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to support four age groups (from young babies to children over 30 months). It can help you to:
- create opportunities for talking in the home and setting
- embed the content of children's talk in familiar routines
- develop book-talk with preparation and open-ended questions
- relate stories to children's experiences
- extend and consolidate children's vocabulary.