Progression skills modules
The progression skills modules are a series of modules to raise pupils’ aspirations, skills and confidence.
Each skills module comprises:
- a teacher or tutor guide with notes, plans and resources for a sequence of workshops
- linked pupil handouts, to accompany the activities, that can be easily adapted for purpose
- some elements, common across the modules, to encourage pupils to capture learning and apply this elsewhere.
Over the course of the series, pupils will be asked to assess their prior achievements and successes, as well as some of the barriers they have overcome and may still face; they will reflect on what it means to be gifted and/or talented and how this may impact on their identity; they will be supported with strategies for learning and achieving the highest grades and they will be encouraged to think ahead and plan for an ambitious future.
Six modules have been designed for use with pupils at Key Stage 4. They can also be adapted and used with Key Stage 3 pupils, where appropriate.
- Progression skills module 1: Who am I? [ zip : 1 MB ]
- Progression skills module 2: Getting ahead in learning [ zip : 1.2 MB ]
- Progression skills module 3: Getting ahead – strategies for success [ zip : 789 KB ]
- Progression skills module 4: Getting ahead: personal learning and thinking skills [ zip : 1.6 MB ]
- Progression skills module 5: How do I manage the journey towards my future career? [ zip : 1 MB ]
- Progression skills module 6: Capturing success [ zip : 952 KB ]
- Download all [ 6.6 MB ]