Theme 5: Getting ahead – learning to learn
Help pupils develop learning skills that enable the highest level of achievement – such as critical thinking skills; study skills; independent research skills.
Pupil starting points
The pupil may:
- lack the attributes or skills for attaining higher grades
- be dependent on teacher support, have poor study skills or be unable to tackle challenges independently.
The pupil knows what to do when an independent study task is set and has strategies to support tackling new and challenging tasks.
- What do I know about critical thinking skills?
- What do I know about research skills?
- What do I know about independent study/revision skills?
Answer a few simple questions in the 'Getting ahead – learning to learn' resource finder to be directed to resources associated with this theme that may be relevant to you.