Theme 4: Getting ahead – curriculum achievement
Motivate the pupil to maximise achievement both in lessons and independent study, and to see a route to A/A* achievement.
Pupil starting points
The pupil may:
- not understand how they learn best or understand their learning style, strengths and weaknesses, and areas to build on
- be working in a middle set, working with a low-attaining peer group or not understand what is required to achieve A/A* grades.
- acquires increased familiarity with the criteria for A/A* grades
- gains self and peer-assessment experience and increased confidence in their ability to achieve.
- What are my targets?
- Do I think I can achieve (or even exceed) these targets?
- What helps me learn best?
- What barriers prevent me from achieving?
- How can I improve my learning?
- How can I improve my achievement/attainment?
Answer a few simple questions in the 'Getting ahead – curriculum achievement' resource finder to be directed to resources associated with this theme that may be relevant to you.