Practical strategies to support the whole-school development of AfL with APP
The information and resources provided here are designed to support collaborative review and discussion to help further develop AfL as a whole school. Read advice on developing Assessment for Learning (AfL) with Assessing Pupils’ Progress (APP) using suggested approaches and strategies. You can also find out how this helps schools move from the ‘Developing’ to the ‘Establishing’ stage in AfL.
The six strategy focuses described here contribute to sustainable school improvement and can help school leaders develop Assessment for Learning (AfL) across the whole school. This is part of 'Practical strategies to support the whole-school development of AfL with APP'.
Find out more about the self-evaluation tables that school leaders can use to evaluate their school's current position in the development of Assessment for Learning (AfL). This is part of Practical strategies to support the whole-school development of AfL with APP.
- Focus 1: School structures, systems and processes
- Focus 2: Developing a shared understanding of AfL
- Focus 3: Monitoring and evaluating impact
- Focus 4: Tracking individual pupil progress and curricular target setting
- Focus 5: Collaborative working within a learning community
- Focus 6: Partnership with parents and carers