How can APP support the development of your Key Stage 3 scheme of work?
You can examine the Assessment Focuses (AFs) to consider how well they are covered throughout your schemes of work and to identify potential areas for development.
Consider the questions on this page to help you improve areas of your Key Stage 3 scheme of work.
You could consider the progress pupils currently make within each of the AFs.
- Where are there opportunities for skill development to support each of the five AFs already present in your scheme of work?
- How straightforward are these areas to understand/teach/exemplify?
- Which criteria would be more challenging to teachers, pupils or both?
- Identify opportunities for assessment which exist in your Key Stage 3 scheme for Year 7. Are there opportunities to access this at appropriate levels for all pupils?
- What are the implications for the other years in Key Stage 3?
Share your findings with the rest of the department. Consider your next steps to address emerging issues.