You can use this checklist to review children’s prior learning and help plan your teaching across the block.
Check that children can already:
- recall the relationships between kilometres and metres, metres and centimetres, kilograms and grams, litres and millilitres
- read, to the nearest division and half division, scales that are numbered or partially numbered
- read the time on a 12-hour digital clock and to the nearest five minutes on an analogue clock; calculate time intervals and find start or end times for a given time interval
- use a set-square to draw right angles and to identify right angles in 2-D shapes; compare angles with a right angle; recognise that a straight line is equivalent to two right angles
- use four compass directions to describe direction (N, S, E, W).