Ma4 Handling data
This is a collection of work. Click through the chapters to see the full collection or download the attached standards file.
Customers visiting the local supermarket
- Organises data on a tally chart.
- Identifies the mode.
- Draws a bar chart.
- Use a scale with regular intervals for the y -axis.
- Label lines not spaces on the y -axis.
- Recognises odd and even numbers.
Explains his reasoning:
- certain: 'all the numbers are less than 8'
- impossible: 'there's no 4'
- even chance: 'two out of the four numbers are odd'.
Begin to recognise situations which are likely or unlikely.
What the teacher knows about Darren's attainment in Ma4
Using a tally chart, Darren records data accurately. He represents the data on a bar chart, but requires assistance with choice of scale and setting it out on the axes. He extracts information from simple tables, bar charts and pictograms, provided it is a one-step interpretation. Darren is able to identify the mode of a set of data.